Městský úřad Loket| Technické služby| Loketské městské lesy| Hrad Loket| KD Dvorana| Základní škola| Mateřská škola| Městská knihovna
Město Loket
Město Loket
Město Loket
Město Loket
Hrad Loket
Město Loket
Město Loket

THEODOR KÖRNER MEMORIAL TABLET

THEODOR KÖRNER MEMORIAL TABLET

Since 1903 a memorial tablet with the bronze relief of Theodor Körner (1791–1813) by sculptor Carl Friedrich Echtermeier has been placed on the rock wall below the castle. It commemorates the stay of a German poet in Loket in 1812.

Přečíst »24.4.2020

ST. JOHN OF NEPOMUK SCULPTURE

ST. JOHN OF NEPOMUK SCULPTURE

The Baroque sandstone sculpture from 1734 was originally placed on the central pillar of the Jánský Bridge over the river Ohře. During the construction of the new concrete bridge it was moved on the right side of the dispatch to the old bridge.

Přečíst »24.4.2020

THE HOUSE NO. 18

THE HOUSE NO. 18

The massive three-storey house with high gables in romantic style was created in 1898 by Austrian architect Gerhard Reitmayer for the city savings bank. But it never settled here the original purpose is reminded only of the initials ES (Elbogener Sparkasse) and entrance and bee in the gable extension. In a contemporary building suitable as a boarding school and school canteen.

Přečíst »24.4.2020

BRIDGE OVER THE RIVER OHŘE

BRIDGE OVER THE RIVER OHŘE

The reinforced concrete bridge replaced the original chain bridge from 1836. It was built in 1934–1936 according to a design by architect Adolf Benš.

Přečíst »24.4.2020

THE LEYN COLUMN

THE LEYN COLUMN

On the ground at the steps of the castle stands the calvary from 1679 decorated with monograms, the emblem of the cloth guild and the name of the donor Andreas Leyn.

Přečíst »24.4.2020

THE TOWN COURT

THE TOWN COURT

The building was opened in 1895 for cultural and educational purposes. It combined the functions of the boarding school of the local school and the socio-cultural facility. After World War II the National Committee was located here. The building includes an entrance hall and a main hall with a stage. The building lived in the early 1990s rich cultural life after privatization into private property decayed for many years. In 2002 it was returned to municipality Loket. In 2015 the hall was declared an immovable cultural monument and the building is currently being reconstructed so that it can become again a dignified cultural and social center of the city after almost 30 years.

Přečíst »24.4.2020

THE AMPHITEATER

THE AMPHITEATER

Set in the romantic setting of the park below the castle of Loket the Natural Theater opened its first cultural season on July 2, 1949 with Antonin Dvorak’s opera Rusalka. Until 1964 when the theater was closed due to declining attendance and lack of maintenance funds thousands of spectators attended the performance. The amphitheater was restored only after 1990 and today it hosts concerts of classical and contemporary music and operas, theater and film performances and other cultural events during the summer season.

Přečíst »24.4.2020

THE SCHWARZENBERG VIEW

THE SCHWARZENBERG VIEW

Also called Goethe’s Pavilion was built in 1823 on the southern wall of the city wall belonging to the hotel At the White Horse. The wooden porch with its decorative carved railing was the site of the 74th birthday of the German poet J. W. Goethe and his fateful encounter with young Ulrika von Lewetzov. You can sit on the veranda with a great coffee and enjoy the view of the surrounding hillsides the river and the buildings under the walls.

Přečíst »24.4.2020

THE ROBIČ TOWER

THE ROBIČ TOWER

The quarry stone building is located in the southern part of the fortification where it connected the town with a suburb of the same name. A peculiarity of the tower is on the consoles placed historical stone toilet on the top floor of the tower. The building is not open to the public.

Přečíst »24.4.2020

ALTAN – WEYROTHER VIEW

ALTAN – WEYROTHER VIEW

The romantic pavilion on the outcrop of the castle rock was built in 1812 in anticipation of the imperial visit as part of a walk route below the castle along the banks of the Ohře River. It was named after the former regional governor. It is a small building on a hexagonal ground plan covered with a pyramid roof. In the summer season it is open to the public.

Přečíst »24.4.2020